Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Whew-just finished mt report and was so worried about getting it done that I almost forgot to blog. I knew when I applied that some days would be challenging for me as my business required me to be in isolation. I'm a Personal Chef and on the days that I cook for a client I am in their kitchen while they are at work, cooking up a menu of 5 meals for them to use through out the week. I have to be there early enough to get the job done and out of there before they return from work. I am at my best in the morning and will normally do my "beans" then but knew I would have to do them after I finish cooking on the days that I am scheduled to cook for a client.
Any moment that I didn't have to be thinking about my cooking I was thinking about Boot Camp. I had myself convinced that I could just waltz into Fred Meyer on my way home, click off 5 people and get home to do all the follow up work that I have to do for my business as well as the follow up for Boot Camp. I had done mostly warm market the past two days and only had one person tell me no. Today, I had three times as many people tell me No as I had people who said yes. Basically, I had two people who agreed. I only had an hour and a half to get my other three and get my report in on time. I decided that I had better get home and call people I already knew before I ran out of time. Couldn't get ahold of anybody I tried. Got back into my coat, boots, hat, gloves and walked the cul de sac. Can you believe it? Nobody home! I remember another time that I was aware that I was the only one home in the cul de sac. Headed back home to get on the phone but took the time to read Ginny's email to us. Of course-how could I have forgotten that! I sat right down and gave thanks for being able to contact 3 people tonight before the deadline that would say yes. I began the calls with only 45 minutes until reporting deadline. I was able to begin filling out my form at 8:45 PST. That was close! But I did make my goal. I was so jazzed that it wasn't until 8:58 that i realized that I had not had time this morning to do my blog before I left the house. Does it count if I begin my blog before 9?
Anyway, I learned more about myself today and how I am sometimes not careful to set myself up to succeed. Also that being grateful for the coming things in our lives is a very effective way to have them come about. Just remember to keep focused on the positive, give thanks in advance & expect to receive, and always be grateful. These were all good things to be reminded of today. And for that I am grateful!
Am looking (thankfully, of course) to a little time to relax and do some more strategizing tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Vonda

No comments: