Thursday, December 4, 2008

I was a bit concerned today about having time to make my contacts because I would be stuck in a clients kitchen all day. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my business, but wanted to be out making contacts. The free moments that my mind had I worked on Eleanor's script. I had to make 4 stops on my way home. Made contacts at all four and was working on getting the last one when I realized I had to quit and get home to send in my report by deadline time. So, didn't make all five but the really great thing is that they were all "cold" contacts. I have up to now relied on my "warm" contacts quite a bit.
I want to tell you about the contact I made at PetZoo. I have been looking for a litter mat for my cat's box for quite some time now but haven't found any that looked like they would be real effective for the type of litter I use. (Environmentally friendly one, of course.). Saw one at PetZoo but it was huge-I could have used it for the front door, it was that big. Too expensive too. I saw a woman with another type of litter mat in her basket and asked if she had used that type before. She said "No, but was hoping it would work." I told her about the one I was looking at and she had looked at it too and decided it was too big and too expensive. I told I was thinking about talking to my neighbor, who has cats, to see if she would be interested in splitting it with me. (It is made out of rubber and could be cut.) She said, "I would do that with you!". We agreed and when we got up to the cashier counter we asked if he had a pair of scissors to cut it in half. He did, and even cut it for us. I put it on my card and she gave me cash. I even had the right change to give back to her. (The Universe is so supportive.) Of course I asked her the question. She gave me her information and took mine and we both found out what type of cat we had and how much we love them, found out that she is single also. I will follow up with her today. Also remembered to tell her I would use her name in the subject title to let her know my emails were not spam. She appreciated that.
I had a very good day yesterday and was also trying a HeartMath technique that I learned in last weekend's class that I believe was helping. Will test it out more and let you know my conclusions.

No comments: