Monday, December 1, 2008

Since I didn't get my 5 on Friday I was determined to get them ove the weekend. I did. However, I learned something about myself. The classes that I took this weekend and the dance that I attended were seemingly great places to contact people but I found that I was so focused on the class etc. that I almost forgot about making the contacts. I have to make the shift to always have making contacts on my mind. There were many great opportunities that I passed by during the events but only remembered to get the contacts at the very end. I may find that these are not the best opportunities for me and need to go another route. That is what it is all about-finding what works best for you.
I'm still struggling with the tecno part but making progress. Sometimes I am not in control and have to wait on other people. I created my Invitation Card (with a little help from a friend) and went to Office Depot (through MPM) to get them printed out. They did not have the card stock listed that Ginny suggested so while I was on -line, I called them. The head of the printing dept. was not there and the person I talked to did not know what was available. I will have to wait until Monday morning to talk to her to finish this. In the meantime I hand wrote the mall website on my personal business cards and that is what I am handing to people. Hopefully, I can get rolling on this again today.
A friend came over with his cancorder and we did the video. Ran into problems with sending it in on my computer so he took it home to do on his computer. Called me last night and said that he got it sent, so I hope Ginny has it now. Now, to get a picture of me to put on the Blog. Can you believe it? I am so far behind with technology that I don't even have a ditital photo of myself in my computer. Ddin't even know that was how it would hve to be before I could send one. All my friends have been so helpful in pulling me into the current century! I'm letting all of you know my struggle with the tecnology end of this so that you will kow that if I can do it you can do it. I know that I am going through all of this so that in the furture I will be able to hlep others through it and be able to relate.
Had a great call this morning, though spent a bit of time dealing with technology type problems lol. It's nice to know I am not the only one who experiences this.
Off and running to get my 5 contacts today.

No comments: